Are you looking for the Best Pool Pump ever? There are few things more enjoyable to own than a pool. Unfortunately, there are also a few things that are more expensive. Between maintenance costs, high insurance rates, and the general amount of gear necessary for space, one can rack up quite a large bill simply caring for the pool. In addition, this only barely factors in the human costs of having such an area, especially considering the frustration and confusion that can result when one first puts the pool in the ground. When comes to best pool pumps, at least, one can follow three hard but fast rules to eliminate some of the worries from the process.
COMPARISON CHART OF Top RATED POOL PUMP
TOP 5 BESTSELLING POOL WATER PUMP REVIEWS
Hayward SP2610X15 Super 1.5-HP Pool Pump
Having a Swimming Pool in one’s property is a matter of pride. Swimming as a hobby and a way to keep oneself fit motivates many to have a pool in their backyard. People even organize weekend pool parties to unwind. However, maintaining and keeping pool dirt free is no easy task and that is when you need a best inground pool pump for pool like Hayward Super Pump SP2610X15 1-1.5 Horse-Power Pool Pump.
The Hayward Super Pool Pump is efficient and dependable. It is practically maintenance free while being cost efficient and environmentally friendly. The Hayward Super Pool Pump is designed to be used for a variety of in-ground pools and spas. You can expect years of state-of-the-art performance and trouble-free service from your Hayward pool pump.
Why You Will Like
Whether you purchase the 1.5-horsepower Hayward Super Pool Pump for a new pool or as a replacement, you can be sure the product will not let you down. Take a look at the reasons why the Hayward Super Pool Pump is a popular choice in pool pumps:
- Easy to install. The ultimate in-ground pool pump comes with clear instructions and can be installed very quickly.
- Durable construction. The pump’s housing is made of high-quality material that resists corrosion.
- High-performance pool pump. The Pool Pump’s efficient No. l impeller produces higher flow rates while using less horsepower than other pumps. Higher pressure is achieved by the pump.
- Self-priming. The pump is self-priming and is capable of lifting up to 10 feet above the water level.
- Heavy duty motor. The high-performance motor generates more power while staying cool. It also operates more quietly than other pool pumps.
- Easy to clean strainer. The Hayward Super Pool Pump features a see-through cover that allows you to check the pump screen without removing the cover. With the new flip levers and exclusively designed swing-aside knobs, the cover is now easier to remove.
- Extra-large leaf basket can hold more leaves and debris. You don’t have to clean out the pump screen as often.
- Save on electricity. The motor’s innovative design allows the pump to run more efficiently on less power. This translates to substantial savings in electricity.
It’s not often that you find a product that is well designed and constructed, but the Hayward Super Pool Pump appears to be one of these awesome products. It is such a great inground pool pump that the only flaw if you can call it that, is the pump’s single speed setting. Many other pool pumps have two speed settings, high and low. This pump only has one setting.
- The Bottom Line
There are a number of customer reviews on the Hayward Super Pool Pump 1.5 Horse-Power Pool Pump, and the majority of these reviewers give this product a 5-star rating. In short, this pump gives them exactly what they are looking for.
The pump comes with clear instructions and is very easy to install to the plumbing and electrical connections. Although the Hayward pool pump only offers single speed, users find that it works more efficiently and can, in fact, filter the pool much faster than a two-speed pump.
This is due primarily to the high performance 1.5 horsepower motor that moves the water more efficiently and keeps the water clean and clear. Because the motor is more efficient, users can save a decent amount of money on electricity.
It is obvious that many of the users are long-time Hayward customers who purchased the new Super Pool Pump to replace their older Hayward pumps that lasted for many years and are now due for replacement. Many of them were happy to discover that these pumps were offer at quite lower prices on Amazon and are thrilled with their Super Pump’s superior performance.
If you are in the market for a new pool pump, you can’t go wrong if you order the Hayward Super Pump 1.5 Horse-Power Pool Pump from Amazon.com.
Hayward SP1580X15 Power-Flo LX Pool Pump
Hayward marks its presence as a company in Pool Pumps since so many years now. Hayward as brand speaks volumes of quality, durability, and reliability in the Pool Pump business. Hayward SP1580X15 Power-Flo LX Series is the one for you in case you are looking for an ideal best above ground pool pumps. Powered with a 1-1/2 horsepower motor, it comes with a 6-foot cord. The Hayward Power-Flo pool pump is a high-performance yet affordable product. With this good ground pool pump, you don’t have to worry about rust or the motor overheating. The pump is self-priming for ease of use and you can always count on a relaxing pool experience.
Most users of the 1-1/2 horsepower Hayward SP1580X15 Power-Flo LX Series give the pool pump top ratings. It’s obvious that the pump is a high-quality product. Customers like this powerful pool pump for the following reasons:
- The Bottom Line
The Hayward is known for quality and the Hayward SP1580X15 Power-Flo LX Series 1-1/2-HP above-ground pool pump stands as a testament to this. Most users are pleased with their purchase of this great product. Purchasing it online from Amazon.com is amazingly easy and delivery is fast.
The price is great and the pool pump is cheaper to buy online than at your local store. Installation is simple. Just make sure you have all the necessary fittings to connect to your filter and pool. You won’t regret buying this Hayward pool pump.
Pentair 011017 Intelliflo VS+SVRS Pool Pump
Energy efficiency coupled with safety and Unparallel performance is what denotes Pentair 011017 IntelliFlo VS+SVRS High-Performance Pool Pump. It comes with a 230-volt 16 amp motor that provides variable speed for optimum performance and efficiency.
The heart of the ultimate best variable speed pool pump lies in the exclusive IntelliFlo system that allows the user to program the exact pump speeds for specific operations. You can dial in the ideal pump speeds for filtering, cleaning, heating, spa jets, and other water features. This allows energy costs to be reduced up to 90 percent.
- A pool pump can run at 4 variable speeds
- User can program exact pump speeds for specific operation such as filtering, heating, spa jets, waterfalls, etc.
- Works very quietly, softer than a human whisper
- This is the first swimming pool that features the built-in Safety Vacuum Release System or SVRS. The pump automatically shuts off if it detects drain blockage.
- The IntelliFlo VS+SVRS model complies with the Virginia Graeme Baker Safety Act which aims to enhance the safety of public and pools and spas. One of its goals is to reduce the number of suction entrapment incidents that can lead to injuries or death.
- The IntelliFlo pool pump features built-in diagnostics to protect it from common causes of premature failure. This includes freezing, overheating, voltage irregularities, and priming protection.
- The SVRS model has a password protected safety lock-out feature that prevents unauthorized personnel from changing the pump speed settings.
- Users can set the minimum and maximum speeds on the SVRS model to ensure safe operation and long motor life.
- The Pentair IntelliFlo VS+SVRS pool pump is compatible with IntelliTouch, SunTouch and EasyTouch pool control systems.
- Energy Efficiency
With the Pentair IntelliFlo VS+SVRS pump, you can cut energy costs and maintain pool safety at the same time. Your utility bill for running the best inground pool pump system can be reduced by 30% to 90%. This is possible because of Pentair’s advanced motor technology that uses exclusive permanent magnet motor technology like the ones used in hybrid cars.
The Variable pump speeds, digital control and intelligent software that allow customized programming of optimum pump speeds contribute to bigger energy savings. You can set the ideal speed for filtering, spa jets, waterfalls, heating, etc. In almost all cases, the optimum speed is lower than the pre-set speeds of older pumps. With improved efficiency, you will be able to enjoy substantial savings right away.
- Safety Feature
The IntelliFlo VS+SVRS pump complies with ASME A22.214.171.1242 standards. This means that the pump meets Federal legislation related to public swimming pools as well as residential pools regarding entrapment protection measures. The top quality variable speed pool pump’s integrated Safety Vacuum Release System or SVRS features a built-in controller and software that detects blockage of the drain and automatically shuts the pump off in seconds.
In the SVRS model of the IntelliFlo pool pump, the SVRS protection cannot be turned off.
- What Customers Say
Without exception, customers who submitted a best variable speed pool pump reviews all agreed that this is the leading variable speed pool pump they have ever used. It works very quietly and efficiently while delivering top quality performance. Its SVRS safety feature is unparalleled. The pump is easy to install and to operate.
Once you have programmed the optimum settings based on your specific requirements, it’s practically a hands-free operation. The savings in energy cost is amazing and the quiet operation is a big bonus. The price is quite steep but customers say that the pump is worth every single penny.
- The Bottom Line
The Pentair IntelliFlo VS+SVRS high-performance pool pump is one of the cool variable speed pool pumps in the market today. It is suitable for residential and commercial settings and can be used with pools and spas of all types and sizes. If you place a premium on efficiency, cost savings, and safety, you will not hesitate to buy this pump. Amazon.com offers the IntelliFlo at deeply discounted prices so go ahead and order it now.
Know More: Where To Buy Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
Know More: What’s The Best Solar Pool Cleaner
Know More: Adult Life Jacket
Hayward SP1593 Power Flo Pool Pump
When you have a swimming pool one of the most important tasks you have to do is to keep it clean. Nobody wants to swim in a pool full of algae, leaves, dirt and other debris. To keep the water in your above ground swimming pool crystal clear, what you need is the Hayward SP1593 Power-Flo Matrix Above-Ground 1.5 Horsepower Pump with Cord. This best energy efficient pool pump will maximize your enjoyment of your swimming pool while keeping maintenance work to a minimum.
The Hayward Power-Flo Matrix is specially designed for above ground or on ground pools. The pump can switch from vertical to horizontal discharge with the push of a button.
- Easy to install. No assembly is required and it’s easy to connect to your pool plumbing. The pump comes with a quick disconnect intake and discharges pipe connection.
- High-performance motor. The powerful 1.5 horsepower motor is heavy duty and features an integrated automatic thermal overload protection. The motor is designed to last.
- Large strainer basket. The pump comes with a strainer basket to collect pool debris. The basket’s large size allows longer periods between cleaning and maintenance. In addition, the strainer housing is equipped with a C-clip connector for quick disengagement. Cleaning can be done in a matter of seconds.
- Durable housing. The housing for the Hayward Power-Flo Matrix pump is made of durable, corrosion-free material. You can expect trouble-free performance from this pump in any weather condition.
- Long lasting. The pump’s motor is enclosed in heat-resistant double-sized seal to ensure its efficiency for a long time.
- On/Off switch. This model comes with a power switch mounted in the rear.
- Easy to maintain. A built-in drain plug makes it easy to prepare the pump for the winter.
Why Customers Like
You’ll find a large number of Power-Flo Matrix pool pump reviews and most customers give the pump the highest ratings. Here’s what they have to say about the pump:
- Easy to install. An installation manual comes with the product but even without it most users are able to install the pump without any problem.
- Great performance. Customers are amazed at how fast the pump can clean up their pool. Some customers who purchased the product to replace another brand of pump remarked that they never had such clean and clear pool water before with their old pump.
- Relatively quiet operation. Despite its 1.5 horsepower motor, the pool pump operates fairly quietly.
- Even with the pool pump running 10 hours a day every day for months, the Power-Flo Matrix continues to work trouble-free.
- You can count on the pool pump to keep the water in your above ground swimming pool crystal clear.
- Powerful motor. The pump does a wonderful job of circulating the water in the pool. Cleaning the pool takes less time.
- Convenient on/off switch. The Matrix is equipped with a rear-mounted power switch to conveniently turn the pump on or off.
- Perfect for medium or regular size pools.
- With Amazon’s huge discounts, the Hayward Power-Flo Matrix is now more affordable than ever.
The Power-Flo Matrix gets very few negative feedbacks. A few users are not too happy with the short 6-foot cord. Some users also wish the pump worked more quietly.
- The Bottom Line
In terms of overall performance and customer satisfaction, the Hayward Power-Flo Matrix Above-Ground 1.5 Horsepower Pump with Cord gets a very high rating. Most customers are happy with their purchase as well as with Amazon’s customer service. It’s a great pump that does a good job of circulating pool water. You can expect many years of trouble-free service out of this pump.
Pentair 011013 Intelliflo VS 3050 Pool Pump
Unless you are willing to clean your pool manually, you will need a good quality pool pump. However, before you go out and buy one, you should take the time to research and find the ideal pool pump for your needs. For many users, the Pentair 011013 IntelliFlo VS 3050 High-Performance Pool Pump happens to be the number one choice. This revolutionary pump is available in an attractive almond color and is considered to be a high-end option.
Choosing A Perfect Variable Speed Pool pump Reviews
There are certain things to consider before deciding on a particular pool pump model. You must consider the size of your pool and the horsepower you will need on your pump to get the water moving through your filter. The pool pump’s motor should be able to move the water fast enough to keep your filter, skimmer and other equipment working properly.
Best pool pumps operate at one or two speeds. The speed is usually set near the maximum setting when cleaning and maintaining the pool.
The Pentair VS 3050
With the Pentair IntelliFlo VS 3050, the pump can be programmed for four different speeds that are ideal for pool, spa or water feature applications. Digital controls allow the user to program the ideal pump speeds for filtering, cleaning, heating, spa jets, and waterfalls. To save on energy, the pump can be set for the minimum speed required for a certain task.
Thus, the pump works less and saves on energy. You can adjust the pump speed easily by pushing the controllers up or down arrow button. The IntelliFlo system self-adjusts to maintain optimal flow rates. This results in more energy savings. The Pentair VS 3050 can help you save up to 40% on energy costs.
- Four-speed settings to choose from. The VS 3050′s variable speed technology allows you to choose the speed setting for your pool pump. The setting can range from 400 to 3450 RPM. When coupled with the optional ComPool System, you can adjust the speed in increments of 10 RPM
- Energy savings. Because you have the option to use the least amount of energy possible, you can save money on energy costs. Typically, you will be able to save 30% to 40% on electricity.
- Customize water features. By increasing or decreasing the water flow, you can change the flow of a waterfall or the height of a fountain. Sights and sounds around your pool can be varied.
- Longer pump service life. Operating the pump at optimum speeds can dramatically increase the service life of your pump. Parts won’t wear out as quickly because they are ultimate swimming pool pump only operates at the minimum speed required.
Right now the Pentair VS 3050 is in a class of its own. No other pool pump model comes close when it comes to the Pentair’s superior and innovative features. The biggest drawback to this pump is its high price.
- The Bottom Line
The Pentair IntelliFlo VS 3050 is a top of the line pool pump that can provide the exact amount of pumping power that you need. Reviewers consistently give this product the highest ratings. One of the ideal things about the Pentair is its energy-saving feature. This pump is clearly more energy-efficient than a lot of other pumps.
The VS 3050 is easy to install and operates very quietly. Most of the time all you can hear is the cooling fan and the sound of water running through the pipes. It is a high-quality pump that will provide trouble-free service for years to come.
The Pentair IntelliFlo VS 3050 does not come cheap but with the savings you get from lower electricity bills, this unit should quickly pay for itself. The Pentair pump is available online. Order it from Amazon.com and get free shipping.
Read More: Top Automatic Pool Cleaner Reviews 2017
Read More: Top Quality Pool Cleaner
Read More: Top 10 Best Pool Lounge Chairs
HOW TO CHOOSING THE RIGHT POOL PUMP ON THE MARKET
Nothing can beat the joy of jumping into the pool at the end of long cold winters. Playing with your kids, throwing pool parties or simply swimming under the stars are just some of the beautiful experiences you can enjoy. Alas, just like everything else, enjoyment comes at a certain cost and in the case of a swimming pool, it is a bit on the higher side. The maintenance system of the pool has to be very good to enhance the swimming experience by keeping the pool free of debris, dirt, and bacteria. The pump and the filtration system of the pool play a vital role in keeping the pool clean. A pool pump is a simple gadget but it is the core of your pool’s maintenance system.
Why Do You Need A Pool Pump?
Water pumps have been a very important part of our lives and in today’s time, most of us have to deal with pool pumps. A pool pump is used to circulate water through the pool filtering system to minimize algae growth and eliminate debris. It mixes chemicals and filters water keeping the pool clean. To ensure that the filtering system operates efficiently, one needs to select the correct pump for the pool. If the pool pump is too small, it will have a difficult time in circulating water and will run less efficiently. When operated correctly, it reduces the energy cost required for maintaining the pool and also results in sparkling clean water with nearly no debris or contaminates.
Three Types Of Pool Pump
Best Single-Speed Pool Pump
Single-speed pumps are the most commonly available pumps in the market and operate on induction motors. Depending on its horsepower, the motor spins the impeller at a certain fixed speed. This type of pump usually runs on either 120 or 220 standard voltage. Single-speed pool pump will run with only one constant speed that cannot be increased or decreased when the unit is in operation. It has a standard speed of 3450rpm and can be controlled by simply using on and off mode. It can fill or empty the pool immediately. Single speed pool pump comes in various horsepower and are quite effective.
Best Two-Speed Pool Pump
Two-speed pool pumps or Dual-speed pool pumps, as the name implies, have two speeds and operate on induction motors. It functions similar to a single-speed pool pump with the only difference that it has high and low speeds. The low speed is usually set at 1725rpm and the high speed will be double at 3450rpm. 2 Speed pool pumps use a toggle switch or a frequency inverter. The low speed is usually used for basic functions like circulation and filtration and the high speed is used for emptying the pool when running simultaneously with swimming pool heaters and other operations that require more power. They are more popular than the single-speed pool pump for their energy-saving reason.
Best Variable-Speed Pool Pumps
Variable-speed pool pumps are the latest in the category of pool pumps. They use permanent magnet motors and allow the speed to be exactly adjusted to the desired flow rate. They offer many speeds between off to high hence providing the greatest amount of flexibility. This creates less friction on the filter, piping, and accessories, allowing the pool to run at much lower energy as well as less wear and tear, saving money and increasing the lifespan of the pool equipment. Variable-speed pool pumps can operate at as low as 600rpm and as high as 3450 rpm and any speed in between.
Install a pool pump today if you haven’t already. A pool pump is a blessing for all the pool owners as it will definitely grant you with the cleanest pool possible by taking care of all the debris and algae built up. Not only does this machine conserve energy and save money but also has a long life span which means once this pump is installed there is no need to replace it any time soon. Being the heart of the pool circulations system, a pool pump will enhance your pool experience by giving you fresh, clean, purified, hygienic water.
Related Article To Read
- The Best Swimming Pool Filter
- Gas Pool Heater Reviews
- Above Ground Pool Vacuum Robot
- Best Pool Floats Review
- Swimming Pool Basketball Hoop
Last update on 2019-08-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API