During the winter months when your pool is not being used, water will accumulate on the top of the swimming pool cover. It can be a frustrating and expensive job removing the water. There are a couple of things you can do about this problem. First, you might just dump the water into the pool, which will create a huge cleaning job later, or you can hire a company to come out and pump the water off the cover for you. This is the easier choice, but it can also be very expensive because of the high hourly rate that these companies charge.
Swimming pool owners have another choice that many are not even aware of. This alternative is to purchase a swimming pool pump. Swimming pool pumps work quickly and efficiently, and cost between $80.00 and $100.00. This will save you a ton of money in just a few years. You can pay double or even triple to a pool company to come out and pump it for you.
Many of these pool pumps are compact, lightweight and easy to use. They can pump up to 205 gallons per hour or more and they shut off automatically when the job is done. Some of the pool pumps work submersed for better efficiency and they come in non-corrosive housing made from Nylon. Other pool pumps are thermally protected so that they will not overheat after a few hours of use and can be used for the really big jobs.
When you invest in a swimming pool you are really getting more out of your swimming pool. You do not have to wait until the weather warms up to drain the cover. You can use your Best variable Speed pool pump all year long and when it comes time to go swimming, you’ll be ready to just remove the cover and jump in!
Hayward SP1580X15 Power-Flo LX Series 1-1/2-Horsepower Above-Ground Pool Pump with Cord
- The Hayward SP1580X15 PowerFlo LX pump with strainer is a high-performance pump designed for above-ground pools.
- The 100-percent drip proof, heat-resistant double-sized seal allows for long motor life; rated at 1.5 horesepower
- Clear cover lets you see when basket needs cleaning
- Exclusive corrosion-proof reinforced thermoplastic housing for all-weather performance and quiet operation
Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 1500 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI& Free shipping
- Specially designed for above ground pools. For use with Intex Easy Set pool models 18', Frame pool models 16' or 18', Oval Frame pool models 20' X 12'.
- Easy installation - just attach hoses and plug in (Partial assembly required).
- System flow rate: 1,180 gph (2,839 lph). Pump flow rate: 1,500 gph (3,785 lph)
- Double insulated pump. Auto timer with preset 2 to 12 hour cycles.
Hayward SP1580 Power-Flo LX Series 1-Horsepower Pool Pump with Cord and Replacement Lid O-Ring - 2 Item Bundle
- Bundle of 2 Items - Hayward 1 HP Powerflo LX Above Ground Pool Pump With Replacement Lid O-Ring
- 1 HP High-performance pump with clear strainer cover designed for use with above ground pools
- Features durable, corrosion-proof engineering and quiet operation
- High-performance impeller and heat-resistant, drip-proof double-sized seal extend the motor lifespan
Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 3000 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI& Free shipping
- Keep your above ground pool water clean, soft, and refreshing with the Krystal Clear(TM) Sand Filter Pump by Intex. The all natural sand provides excellent water filtration as the 6-function control valve allows the pool owner to: filter, backwash and rinse, recirculate, drain and close the system.
- The built in 24-hour timer adds to the hassle-free experience with maintaining a cleaner pool. The strainer basket provides easy-cleaning, and prolongs the life of the sand.
Hayward SP2610X15 Super Pump 1.5-HP Max-Rated Single-Speed Pool Pump& Free shipping
- The industry's workhorse - recognized for reliability and performance
- Exclusive swing-away hand knobs makes for easier strainer cover removal: no tools required, no loose parts and no clamps
- See through strainer cover lets you see when basket needs cleaning and eliminates guess work
- Features an oversized debris basket has extra leaf holding capacity for less frequent maintenance
1.5 HP In-Ground Pool Pump With Strainer Basket Dual Voltage 110V/220V
- 1.5 HP In-Ground Pump
- Compatible with PL30-6 Filter Tank
- Drain plug for easy winterizing
- High durability with corrosion proof polymer
- ELC certified, UL Listed, CSA Certificated